Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy fourth of July!!!!!

To everyone a " Happy Fourth Of July 2011" 
Although soggy weather my  4th of July spirit can not be dampened. Here in  St. Louis we had to contend with lots of rain, last nights fireworks were cancelled, but I have hope for tonight. Thank you St. Louis.

Being from Europe, I was not familiar with the  4th July celebrations. My first exposure was during my first visit to the United States. Family reunion and the obligatory barbeque come to mind.  Then newly wed, I met my now ex-in laws. What fun it was to meet my in-laws and  all 50 nephews and nieces. Oh.... and the food, absolutely delicious. All new discoveries for my European taste buds. I must tell you, that after the first portion of my mother in-law's potato salad I had it every day and gained 21lbs in three weeks. Not so bad... a pound a day. I had my own special bowl in the fridge and potato salad became my breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have never ever tasted  such delicious potato salad ever since.  

Barbeque was also something new to me. So was "corn on the cow" as I used to call it and of course watermelons. I had seven ears of of corn on the cob and I know that  I must have scared my in-laws with my voracious appetite. I certainly scared my now ex. Maybe I should have not eaten so much.LOL, LOL.

Nowadays, my 2 children are strewn all over the world  and are missed very much. So is the family reunion with all it's trimmings. However, I still have the 4th of July spirit and enjoy my gracious friends barbeques and I do reflect on family values and good times, and enjoy the celebration and the fireworks. All in all 

I am blessed and I  hope that you are too.

Happy Fourth of July

 












 
 

0 comments :

Post a Comment