Monday, July 26, 2010

CASA - Court Appointed Special Advocate - Helping Children

I consider myself being blessed; consequently the time comes when I am ready to give back to society.


In progress


A few days ago, a "CASA",  fund raising project needed an emergency volunteer to faux finish one of the seven playhouses. These darling playhouses will be auctioned/raffled off this week end. I offered my help and was graciously accepted to do a faux finish on the outside of the playhouse. The contractor Tony Chao, interior designer Laureen Wilder, and I decided on a very distressed finish. Lots of peeled paint layers, evidence of the long existence of that old western restaurant. In sweltering heat, heat index 110, Tony and Jimmy the contractors, Laureen and hubby Joe, Mary Hanson and Moe Sturm, the muralists, and I were able to complete the painting touches on this ever so cute playhouse.
Mary, painting the signage
Our team had lots of fun, put in hard and exhausting hours and sincerely hope that we were able to help a little bit that "CASA"can continue to exist helping children in need.
Three Beauties ready to play
Early on A Saturday Morning



August 1, 2010

All the the challenges have been overcome, we can relax, have fun at the Western Night party and be proud that we were able to help CASA. I love to think that my participation will make a difference to a child needing help.Although I don't have all the houses to show here are a few examples. 


Heidi, completing the "distressed" look

The General Store- Lots of Trompe l'oeil
Sold for $3000.00 Thank you so much to the new owners.

The theater sold for $5000.00 A warm "Thank you" to the buyer





7 comments :

  1. wow those are gorgeous! I can imagine some little boys or girls being very happy with those playhouses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome! And good for you -- that's a great cause to volunteer for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful team effort; the results are perfectly finished! I've been looking over your blog and just have to follow. I'm always looking to learn new things and know I can experience that here. :) Have a beautiful Sunday! Pam @ Sallygoodin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful way to give back.
    I too am an artist in Trompe Faux Painting and for so many years have had a long as much as 2 year waiting list for my work until the economy crashed. Now I pace myself and can do what I love most, design and paint.

    I love your work and would have a great time working with you mixing our mediums. Will be looking forward to seeing more of your inspiring work!

    Thank you for stopping by my place and your wonderful comment on my desk!!
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing - what a wonderful gift to your community.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job! I'm part of CASA in my area...it truly is a great organization.

    ReplyDelete