Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's time.... give that old dresser a make over

Recently I decided to make over an old library table which  collected dust in my basement and which was bought for a make over. But.. alas... the mind is willing but the hands are not. So, finally I decided to tackle that project.  Maybe you have some old furniture piece, which is in desperate need to get some TLC.  


Here are some ideas which might inspire you.




Library Table - Before
I chose a design depicting a McKenzie Childs rendition, because I always wanted to have some piece out of her collection.
Library Table - After



A client of mine bought this sideboard at a rummage sale.  She ran out of ideas what to do with that piece and hired me  for a make over.














I decided to base coat the piece red, with a faux painted  rust table top and a rust finish on the doors. I painted a trompe l'oeil rendition on the doors and stenciled the side panels. Once finished the trompe l'oeil design was crackled followed by waxing, which made this chest look a hundred years old.








This old writing desk received a glam 1920s look by covering the drawers with black silk fabric. I love this idea. Just imagine the hundreds of possibilities. People are so smart to come up with these ideas. Looks like it's easy to do but the end result is very glamorous.


Courtesy of My Crazy Life 

 I love the fabric on the drawers and see this piece in any room


Courtesy of My Crazy Life 


I absolutely love  this made over Bombay chest.




Curbly Chic
This make over involved  silver leave. Isn't it astounding how elegant it turned out?




Moral of the story, don't be afraid to tackle a make over. And if you do, please share. We all want to know and see.


Until next time....

Blessings,



0 comments :

Post a Comment