Monday, July 4, 2011

Shimmer Stone

A few days ago,  a client interior designer asked for a sample and proposal, faux finishing a large master bedroom suite. Naturally, time is of essence, because the owners of the home are  taking a vacation. In  the best of two worlds, I would be getting the job and  do the work during the owners are gone.
I asked the interior designer for a description of the home and was told that all the fixtures are brushed nickel, the home is contemporary,  lots of reds, blacks and greys. One accent wall will be wall papered with a black leather look.






Draperies will  be two contrasting fabrics




In addition there is a beautiful brushed nickel mirror which looks like it should be the "jewel" of the room. Furniture is black.
The designer's  vision....  a finish which would not compete with the wall paper and the mirror. Of  course,  it is the luck of the draw, to come up with a finish, accessories etc. unseen. My vision, a metallic soft finish, with lots of movement to depict the mirror. Modern Masters Shimmer Stone and metallics came to mind. Here is the finish I came up with.

In the meantime I have completed this monster of a bed room suite. I am happy to report that the designer, client and I absolutely love the look of this now beautiful bed room suite.



  Until next time. Take care and Happy painting!

0 comments :

Post a Comment