Saturday, July 30, 2011

With Love from Europe

Time is passing quickly and August is fast approaching. In August I will be teaching German faux finishers in Hannover and five other locations.

During l my recent 4 month visit to Germany, beside being involved in an bomb alarm and getting into a riot,


I was invited to teach and demonstrate American faux finishes. I must eat humble pie!! American faux finish artists are the avant garde to faux painting.. Even simple techniques, like tissue paper, packing paper and joint compound textures received the obligatory, "Amazing!" and "How did you do this?" remarks.

Due to the unexpected invitation to teach, I was not prepared. Consequently I had to search 'painfully' all over town for mediums I could teach with. Even tissue paper was not available due to the "Green" craze taking over Europe. I finally begged a store for some sheets and as a thank you I gave them the sample board of this fun technique.


After that I proceeded to "OBI" the German Home Depot to look for mediums I could use. My presence rummaging through the paint and other departments arose so much interest that I again was invited to demonstrate these selected mediums. It was so much fun. From Vinegar to lime paint and Moltofill I used everything I could get my hands on.




Here are some of the finishes I came up with:

Chinatown, done with Lime paint

Louis Vuitton Leather, everyone loved this one!


Old World Plaster à la Germany

Faux Venetian Plaster

Zen - Rust à la Heidi

Germany was very good to me and I am looking forward to teach there again in the near future.

Blessings,

0 comments :

Post a Comment