Monday, August 8, 2011

It's all about color.... New trends for 2012

In March of this year Pantone, the world renowned color authority,  published nine color palettes. Nine distinctive palettes, each with a much thought about name. Don't ask me how they dream up these names or in what relationship they stand to each other, because I just don't know.

Every year I am excited when the new color trends are published by Pantone. I was raised in the fashion industry, so color always has played an important part in my life. For me it's all about color, style and fashion. If you want your home to be trendy, all you have to do is look at fashion fabrics. I guess, I am fashion forward because my PJ's fit the 2012 Pantone "Back to Fuchsia" palette


Courtesy of "Nidhi" Pattern, Colors and Design

My "Fuchsia" PJs










and my blue PJs match the "Indigo Effects" palette.


My Indigo Pj's








Personally I love the "Resilience" palette. Possibly because I always had to be resilient.


Resilience 
The Oil Yellow, subtle and quiet and the peaceful Oasis green are really  fulfilling my color sense. Resilience or stress free? Who knows? All I know is that I felt compelled to buy some blouses in exactly these colors and I am raking in compliments.  
Subtleties
Transcending

Reflection

All color palettes are courtesy of "Nidhi" Pattern, Colors and Design
Maybe you will be inspired with these new colors and are ready to add some to your home decor. You always can pick up a few accessories and change the look of your home.


Until next time.


All my best,


xoxo 




























Color is the most powerful way to change and coordinate the look and feel of your home.  

2 comments :

  1. nan@searosecottage.comAugust 18, 2011 at 2:01 PM

    Great post on color trends! Love the indigo palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nan, glad you like it. Color is so important in our lives.

    ReplyDelete