Sunday, May 1, 2011

At Large In Europe - "Her Majesty requests ....

Her Majesty Requests.....
London, England-Imagine, you are in your PJ's, suited up with your favorite colored curlers, coffee in hand and.... making your way to the mail box. In it you find  this
The Queen is calling ......





Embossed with Welsh gold and adorned with the EIIR insignia, this invitation maintains the tradition that began in 1860 with Queen Victoria. Every year Elisabeth II, Queen of England, opens the private gardens at Buckingham Palace hosting her famous tea parties.
For me, this Tea Party is both exciting and a bit intimidating. I want to prepare myself to meet Her Majesty .

 
Naturally, my first thought is which hat I should wear. I love to wear hats and have many of them starting with vintage pill boxes




Next, I will concentrate on a suitable garment. Alas, you can't go wrong with black and white

Now I am set and I and 7999 other invites can relax and have some tea, cucumber sandwiches, scones, slices of cake and last but not least meet Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth II.



We will be having.....
  •   Butter drop scones

    • Butter cake fingers
    • Bridge Rolls
    • Fruit tartlets
    • Slices of various cakes






    and of course the obligatory "Maison Lyons" tea,

    a special blend exclusively produced for the Royal household and its famous tea parties.


    At three o'clock the gates open and 8,000 people will be  making their way into the garden. "Garden" is a understatement. The royal garden is a green, manicured Oasis. Replete with century old fauna and wild life. I would suggest that you do not land your helicopter on the grass, as President George Bush did. The deep "H" impression the incident left, was probably not very much appreciated by he royal household. The old English proverb " Manners maketh the man" comes to mind.


    At four o'clock  Her Majesty enters. The Queen is known for her kindness and can carry on quite a funny and humorous conversation. She is very easy to talk to.


    I know I  that I am going  lots of fun and it will be a memory dear to my heart. Hope to see you there. 


    Take care and be safe.










    0 comments :

    Post a Comment