Wednesday, June 29, 2011

McKenzie Childs - Library Table

Since many years,  this old library table was screaming for help . Overcome by the intricate design, it became obvious to me,  that there was a lot of work involved, thus the ever so familiar thought ... tomorrow, tomorrow lasted for several years. Finally guilt took over and I committed to do something with this sad looking " thing". McKenzie Childs furniture came to mind.


 I love each and every piece of this  truly artistic, handcrafted collection. Every household should have a piece.However, since I want to scale down I decided to use what I have giving new life to my sad looking table. I decided to make this table "happy" and fun.


I have been working for many hours and I finally can see an "end" of this long road to a McKenzie Childs table, and here is a sneak preview of what is to come when finished.  


I am proud to have come this far; once completed I have also an emotional mile stone accomplished. The intricate design forced me focus, be patient and show me how much we can better ourselves and improve our art work. I am blessed.




All my best,

2 comments :

  1. Absolutely Love this table ~ Very creative and you did an excellent job ~ you did do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, yes I did do this was long overdue. You how it is. It's a lot of work, but I looking around in my home to do a chest of drawers. Thought that would be fun to do.

    Blessings

    Heidi xoxo

    ReplyDelete