Saturday, August 28, 2010

Color Me Turquoise



A few days ago, I posted some insights about the new trendy colors. As an decorative artist and an interior design buff, I always try to be ahead of schedule. Being raised in the fashion industry, I take my color inspirations exactly from that industry. Colors are very important to me, I have many "favorites" all depending on my feelings and energy at the time..



The color Turquoise:
I never considered turquoise one of my favorites.. However, recently I seem to be drawn to this calming and soothing color. Turquoise, a semi-precious stone, also known as "sky stone" was  a piece of jewelry I could do without. Turquoise as an interior  color,  has become one of my favorites. Now I have an excuse to hunt for   turquoise accessories.


Look at this - these  colors together are absolutely GORGEOUS
I love the symbolism and history of every color.  I would like to share some of these beliefs and myths. Following what I have discovered  about  this semi-precious stone from Turkey.

  A  mix of blue, green and aqua, this "cool" color: represents
water and sky, thus "sky stone". It is believed that turquoise represents
  • Youth
  • Communication
  • Generosity
  • Love
  • Healing
  • Emotion
  • Feelings 
  • Creativity
and it is a color of feeling and creative expression  rather than rational thought (seems to be the right color for me, need I  say more?)

For your inspiration  I collected a few images that you might like and appreciate. Maybe you even feel inspired to use this soothing color in your home.
Courtesy of Drake Design Associates

Courtesy Of Girl World Decor



 Let me know what you think






 

3 comments :

  1. I'm not a huge turquoise fan, but the first and last pictures are just so beautiful! They look so clean and fresh, even a little bit "ocean-like"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really thought much about turquoise until the recent fad. I am planning on using it on a piece of furniture next week. The photos you posted were great! I have enjoyed looking at your blog! Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for you in-put. I never regarded turquoise as a color for me. Recently however, I feel the same like you. It's fresh, clean and in a light shade very soothing. Thanks again for reading the post.

    Take care and be safe

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete